The Bangalore Lalbagh Independence Day Flower Show was inaugrated today (7th Aug’13). The not-to-be missed event will run till 15th August and on display will be a range of colourful arrangements which will make your visit worth every effort.
What’s on Offer:
- Over 500 flowering plants & 300 vegetable varieties
- A vertical garden, 17ft high and 40ft wide with over 5000 plants
- 500 Bonsai plants
- Not to miss: a 35ft long, 13 ft tall floral boat! Over the nine days, 2 lakh roses will be used!
- Exhibitions spreads across the garden. Main attractions are placed inside the Glass House
- Entry fee for adults is Rs. 40. For children below 12 years, Rs. 10
- Free entry for students on August 13 and August 15 between 8 am and 5 pm
- Tickets will be sold at all entry points; show timings are from 9am to 6pm
- Carrying bags and luggage are not allowed. No food packets allowed
- Hopcoms stalls selling drinking water, juice, dry fruits, etc available
- No parking facility provided inside Lalbagh; use of public transport is suggested (you can refer the Bangalore Traffic Police’s FB page for the parking restrictions: https://www.facebook.com/BangaloreTrafficPolice)
With two long weekends, make sure you don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to be amidst this spread of blossoms!